Hi my lovelies!
So we’ve come to the end of February already – Where has the time gone?! February for me is all about getting over the somewhat depressing month of January, and giving your year a great big kickstart!
I thought I’d add in a little section to this post, which is my beauty fails for this month – products I tried that have not worked for me in the month of February! I hope you like it!
If you want to check out my fave products for January, you can find that one HERE
What I’ve been loving:
First up: makeup!
- YSL Touche Eclat Neutralizer in Green (£25.50 each, also comes in Apricot and Violet)- This is the standout makeup item from this month. I love this so much you would not believe! The cult fave from YSL, this is from their new range of colour correcting pens to correct redness. It’s creamy and really blendable, and hides red patches on my skin like nothing else. I can really see a difference when I use this!
- Clinique Chubby Stick highlighter (£19)- I’m one to prefer a powder highlighter over a cream one, but I really do like this. It wouldn’t be a faves post if I didn’t include some Clinique in there, either. I really love how this blends into my skin, it doesn’t just push my foundation around but really blends well for a lovely glow. What I will say, though, is this shade may not work for everyone as it is rather pink, I really wish Clinique would bring out more colours of this!
Two lip products from GOSH Cosmetics. I was lucky enough to try out GOSH’s new SS16 products, and for the most part they’re great! If you want to look at the full post of that, you can do so HERE.
- GOSH lip oils (£7.49 each at Superdrug) – I haven’t seen any other high street equivalent to these, and in my opinion, they’re really smart products. Full of all the goodness you’ll find in a lip balm, these lip oils give a glossy shine without the worst part of using a lip gloss – the stickiness. Bit of advice though, you only really need one shade as they’re not very pigmented.
- GOSH matte lipsticks (£6.99 each at Superdrug) – I really like the formula and staying power of these lipsticks, they’re matte but don’t feel too drying and they do a fab range of colours. I have two shades of these (but will be buying more!) – in matt rose, a dusky pink colour (my fave) and matt smoothie, which is more of a red-pink colour.
A couple more products from GOSH here – I had the chance to try quite a few new products and loved a lot of them!
- First up – GOSH Rebel Eyes mascara (£8.99 at Superdrug) I love the effects that this mascara has on my lashes, it curls and elongates without making my lashes clumpy, which is fab! The wand (below) is slightly curved, with thin but quite long bristles to catch every lash and make every day a great lash day! If you get the chance, go pick this up!
- Maybelline Lash Sensational – This was in my faves last month also, but I find myself reaching again and again for this mascara when putting on my makeup. If you haven’t tried this already, go buy it because there is so much hype around this mascara and it’s well deserved!
- Soap and Glory Brow Sculpting Crayon and Gel (£10 in Boots) – I’m a sucker for a 2-in-1 product, and although I think the brow gel is a little tacky and doesn’t dry down quickly, the pencil is really good. It’s triangular, so I can use the thinner side for precision, and the thicker side to fill in my brows. Only comes in two colours though, so you might not find one for you. The brown shade matches me pretty well, though!
- GOSH forever shadow stick in twisted brown (£6.29 in Superdrug) – This post must sound like a GOSH endorsement (It isn’t in any way), but I really love the colour of this shadow stick. It’s matte, and a fab taupe-y shade that looks really flattering with my skin tone. It’s creamy and makes a great shadow base that lasts ages, and doesn’t crease either!
Skincare/Hair products i’ve been loving:
- Garnier Ultimate Blends body lotion: I like this because it smells beautiful and leaves my skin feeling really soft. I seriously could not stop smelling my arms (weird, I know) after using this as it smells rich and full of amber and floral scents that last ages! Perfect for post shower smoothness, it dries quickly, so you’re not left with greasy feeling skin. I was given this, so i’m not sure on the price!
- Soap and Glory Sugar Crush body scrub (£8.00 in Boots) This may be my favourite product in this whole post. I absolutely love anything that smells citrusy, and this gives a big kick of lime that takes me back to being on holiday, sat in a sun lounger and drinking a frozen margarita! The scrub is fab too, it exfoliates brilliantly, and leaves my skin feeling soft and smelling sweet all day! It also makes my dried out, winter skin feel great!
- TreSemme Oleo Radiance Shampoo and Conditioner (Normally £5.99 each, I picked them up for half price!) – I’ve been looking for a new shampoo for a little bit, because although my previous shampoo really helped repair my damaged hair, it left it quite dry and dull. This shampoo and conditioner from TreSemme promised illuminated hair, with lightweight healthiness, which I really found myself needing this month. I haven’t really gotten along with TreSemme in the past, but I really do like this! They leave my hair soft and shiny, and I’ve gotten lots of comments about how nice my hair looks after using these! You can pick these up in the drugstore or larger supermarkets like I did.
- Number 4 Lumiere D’hiver Super Comb Prep and Protect: This handy little spray came in my Birchbox this month, and serves as both a leave in conditioner and detangling spray (again, I love multi function products!). It smells oddly nice, but I can’t place the scent, and I have noticeably less flyaways and split ends after using this. This is just a sample size, but the full size bottle costs £20.
Other faves this month!
- The Walking Dead comics – I got the compendiums 1,2 &3 for christmas last year, and have gotten really into them. I’m a giant nerd who loves a graphic novel, and a massive TWD fan, so I’ve really been loving reading these this month and comparing them to the show. If there’s a reason I haven’t been posting as much this month, these are the reason!
- Yankee Candle Fireside Treats tea lights – I bought these in manchester at the beginning of the month (see my haul post from MCR here) and have burned these more than any other candles this month. Scented of toasted marshmallows, these are sweet smelling without being sickly. Warming and perfect for a cold late winter night!
- Boxer Braids – Us short haired girls can rock this look too! I have loved styling my hair in dutch braids this month, and it’s really simple to do! It looks fab with a dark lip colour, and not like i’m five years old and going to school either! If you guys want to see a hair tutorial, let me know!
February Fails! 😦
- Fusion Beauty lumicover concealer – I was really positive about this when it arrived in my Look Incredible box this month. It looked like a touche eclat sort of concealer, and was a shade that I actually could use! Unfortunately for me, this broke after about three uses! As you can see in the below photo, the top has completely broken off, making it impossible to use effectively. I tried using it with a concealer brush afterwards, but it dried out really quickly, and I just thought it really didn’t blend all that well in the end. As it dried, it looked more yellow on my skin and just yeah, not a very good product in my opinion.
- GOSH Primer plus + illuminating skin perfector – Essentially a primer with a built in highlight, I was pretty excited for this product, and really liked it after a couple of uses. However, this made my skin really oily, I just didn’t realise it was from using this at the time. I have combination skin, and struggle with oiliness at times, but this made it worse, and I broke out about a week after using this a few times. It’s also strangely yellow toned on the skin
- Maybelline The falsies push up drama mascara – I had such high hopes for this mascara, as I normally love Maybelline mascaras (Their lash sensational and great lash mascaras I absolutely adore) but this was a complete dud. I’m not sure about the formula, but the brush was absolutely useless. The wand (below) has such short bristles that it barely held any product, and did nothing to boost the volume or length of my lashes whatsoever. It did catch my lashes right at the roots, but I had to use another mascara on top of this to get anything from it. I may try the mascara with a different wand to see if it makes a difference, but I wouldn’t recommend this as is.
So there we have it, my faves and fails for the month of February! Have you tried any of these products before? What did you think of them? Are there any other products that I should try out – let me know in the comments! If you’d like to see any of these products in more detail for a full review, let me know that too!
Fancy Seeing what I loved last month? Find it Here
Give this post a like and a share if you enjoyed it! Your comments are important to me so let me know if there is anything you’d like to see from me in the future!
You can now find me on Instagram too! (It’s exciting, I know!)
Ciao for now,