Hey guys! So here it is, the final part of my what’s in my makeup bag? trilogy! You, my dear readers, wanted to see what was in my makeup bag, so here we are at part three! This one consists of the lip and nail products that i’ve been using lately, as well as a few miscellaneous items that I love and use a lot!
From left to right (top pic):
- Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in shade 101 – This is a fab nude shade for me, quite pink, but suits me as a nude lip colour as i’m quite fair skinned. Really affordable and well worth a look at the range on your next trip to the drugstore.
- Clinique Long last soft matte lipstick in Matte Plum – I have been obsessed with purple lip colours recently, and this is a really gorgeous matte shade. Not the cheapest lipstick at £18 but well worth it!
- Clinique Sweet Pot in Candied Cassis – I did a full review of this earlier in the week, you can find it HERE. I think its really great for a 2-in-1 product, and leaves my lips feeling great and looking glossy.
- Burt’s Bees lip crayon in Hawaiian Smolder – A great little addition to the Burt’s Bees range, and a must have if you like having more natural beauty products. This one is a lovely bright pink shade which is a great all-rounder. I may buy another as at £8.99, they’re pretty easy on the purse too!
- Lush Bubblegum lip scrub – a must have in winter, and this both tastes and smells great while making my lips really smooth and buffing away any dead skin! As Lush products go, this is one of my faves!
- Stila lip glaze in Cranberry – you’ve gotta have a gloss in there, and this is my fave one at the moment! A beautiful deep red, I love this for a bit of glam in my everyday look! I picked this up at TK Maxx for £5 so have a look in when you go shopping next because they have some fab bargains if you root around a little!
Next up: Nails!
Now these are only a few of my nail polishes (I have so many they’ve now overflowed from the makeup bag I stored them all in and some now live in my vanity drawer!), these are just the ones I’ve used more lately!
From left to right:
- Nail file (always an essential!)
- Rimmel Nail nurse base and top coat – I use this every time I do my nails lately, and It’s a pretty good product for the price point! (£4.49)
- Ciate Nail polish in Pocket Money – I’ve mentioned this one before, I got this in my December Birchbox, and then again in Ciate’s Oh! Christmas Tree set for christmas! It’s a great caramel nude colour, perfect for an everyday nail look!
- Rimmel X Rita Ora polish in Go Wild-er-ness – I love pastel nail polish, and this is one of my faves at the minute! It’s a lovely lilac colour, and only needs a couple of coats for a great nail look. I used this one in my mani of the week this week, so you can have a look at that post to see how I used it!
- Rimmel Salon Pro polish in Urban Purple – One of my favourite polishes maybe ever, the colour is an amazing fuschia, and has a gel like finish which stays longer than a normal polish! I like the Salon Pro range from Rimmel – good quality while being really affordable!
Best of the rest!
These are just some of the other products that I like and use. Some of them live in my makeup bag or on my vanity so I decided to put these in too!
From left to right:
- Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush – Perfect if you’re having a day where your hair looks a tad greasy or flat, I like to use this for a bit of extra matte volume! Plus the blush scent smells really good!
- John Frieda Frizz Ease 5 day straight spray – I use this religiously after washing my hair. It sprays onto damp hair to prevent the dreaded frizziness that my hair is prone to!
- Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief (top) and Clinique Dramatically Different moisturising lotion (bottom) – Depending on how dry my skin is that day, I switch between these! Makes my skin feel so soft and lovely!
- Mini hair clip
- Daisy Sorbet by Marc Jacobs perfume – This is such a delicious fragrance, rather summery, and really floral and fruity at the same time! I bought this one on holiday in summer, and I’m still using it now because I loveeeee it!
- Clinique take the day off for lids, lashes and lips – I have a larger version of this in my bathroom for removing eye makeup at the end of the day, but I keep a smaller on in my makeup bag. Why? It’s amazing for cleaning up liquid eyeliner to even out any mistakes (because everyone makes some!) Just dip a cotton swab in, apply to eyes and hey presto! Fab eyeliner!
- Hairbrush (It’s rose gold with pearls, though!)
So there we have it! I’ve really enjoyed posting about the makeup I use the most over the last couple of weeks, and I hope you all have enjoyed reading about it!
Some handy links if you fancy having a look at these or purchasing:
Let me know what you think in the comments, I’m thinking about doing a skincare post like this, so let me know if you’d be interested in something like that! Tell me if there are any holy grail products that I should be using, or what you’ve got in your makeup bags and love!
I’ll be back soon with my January favourites and my big fat haul post soon, so keep your eyes peeled for those!!
See you soon!
Ciao for now,