It’s that time again! You guys wanted to see what’s in my makeup bag, but I use that much variety of makeup day-to-day that it wouldn’t all fit in one post without it being waaay too long and boring. So here’s part two – All about eyes!
Someone once said that your eyes are the windows to your soul, and I like my windows to have some snazzy embellishments!
First up: Eyeshadow palettes!
Look at these two beautiful things! I love eyeshadow palettes, and Urban Decay do some fantastic ones! Everyone’s heard of and loved the Naked Palettes, but these two are my more recent purchases, and my favourites right now! I love the packaging on both of them, it’s something UD do really well at!
- Urban Decay Wende’s Contraband Palette (Left)
I love this one because it’s quite small and portable, but still has some amazing shades! UD eyeshadows are so pigmented, and this one is no exception. Wende’s contraband is designed for travel, and has six gorgeous shades, and includes one of UD’s 24/7 eyeliner pencils (I’ve included it in my eyeliner section below) It costs’ £24, so not too expensive, and I think it’s great if you love shimmery, bold tones or like to add a pop of colour! I especially love the turquoisey blue shade called Deep End, and the smokey brown called Reign!
- Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Palette (Right)
This beats out the Naked Palettes for me! (Controversial statement, I know!). Urban Decay recently teamed up with rock superstar Gwen Stefani, and thus the Gwen collection and it’s star, this eyeshadow palette, was born!
As i’m quite pale, much like Gwen, the shades in this work fantastically for me! There’s a lot of quite neutral shades, perfect for day to day, with some bright pops of colour and some smokey tones included in there. In my opinion this palette can give you a great look for any occasion! It costs £40, and is well worth it because for quantity (15 large-ish pans) and quality, it really hits the spot! The shades are super blendable and I just love it!
Next Up: Eyeliners!
There are a lot of eyeliners here, as they’re my most favourite thing! Seriously, with a great foundation and some on-point eyeliner, I do believe you can rule the world.
From top to bottom:
- Ciate X Olivia Palermo Smoked Out Fig Eyeliner – This is supposed to be the middle point of a traditional kohl and a gel liner, giving you both blendability and ease of use and the amazing colour payoff that you get from a gel liner. It has a blending brush on the other side of the eyeliner which is really useful too! what I love most about this is the colour, a smokey aubergine which is just lovely. I’m a sucker for a great eyeliner, and this glides on really easily and stays all day!
- Clinique Pretty Easy Liquid liner in Black (top) and Brown (Bottom) FANGIRL ALERT! These are my favourite eyeliners maybe ever, and when Clinique (a little late to the game) introduced these liquid liners, I fell in love. My skin is pretty sensitive, so finding a non-irritating liquid eyeliner is difficult for me. They’re easy to use, and the colour payoff is amazing, the only bad thing is that there are only two colours, black and brown. Seriously clinique, give me a nice purple or navy blue, please!
- Clinique Kohl shaper for eyes in Black Coffee (top) and Black Kohl (bottom) – Pretty much a staple, you can see these have been used a lot since I bought them, and when i get to the bottom of one of these, I repurchase. Great colours, Easy to use, and really great for sensitive skin too!
- Urban Decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil in Zero – This came with my Wende’s Contraband palette, and is a great little travel size. As with all UD eyeliners, the colour is really pigmented and bold, which is great. I haven’t had it that long, but I can see myself using this again and again.
- Clinique Skinny Stick in Skinny Jeans –This came as part of a gift set, and I’ve only included this as I really love the colour of it. It’s sort of a denim-y turquoise blue, which is find amazing. The only thing with these are that you really have to push down quite hard and keep going over your line to get the colour payoff. I do use it, so that’s why it’s in this post, but I probably wouldn’t repurchase.
The best of the rest!
From left to right:
- Maybelline Great lash Big – I love the original Great Lash, but I prefer this as it has a massive wand applicator, meaning I can get all the definition and volume that I want from a formulation that I already like. It’s also really affordable; I think it was around the £5-£6 mark so really accessible and a great price. I really like the effect this mascara has on my lashes – all without clumping!
- Benefit They’re real tinted eyelash primer – This came in my birchbox this month, and I already love it! A handy little sample size, too! The primer is meant for accentuating your lashes before applying mascara for a big bold look. I like it for that effect maybe for an occasion or night out, but I’ve been using it on its own sort of day-to-day for a more natural look. It just makes my lashes look fab without looking like i’ve put any product on. I’ve used lash primers before, but they’ve been white, so this is a new one for me! Here’s a link to check out Birchbox and get £5 worth of points to spend when you join!
- Maybelline Brow Satin eyebrow pencil – I prefer this to a traditional eyebrow pencil as A) No sharpening needed and B) It has a fab filling powder on the other side. This is the second pencil I’ve bought, and it’s really easy to use while giving a great brow effect. Bold brows are in (which I love) and this is one of my faves. I’m thinking about buying one of the Anastasia Beverly Hills ones though, so i’ll let you know how I get on with that!
- Clinique Chubby stick cream eyeshadow stick – This came in the same gift set as the skinny eyeliner, and I love love love this! It’s a fab cream eyeshadow base, with a great shimmer. I have the shade Lavish Lilac. As it’s in a stick, it applies so easily, and I love using it with the great purple shades in the UD palette above!
Honorable mention: Benefit They’re real! Mascara. This isn’t pictured as I ran out of it a couple of weeks ago, but I think this is a really fantastic mascara. Well worth the splurge, it leaves my lashes feeling and looking amazing and defines, without clumps!
Some handy links if you’d like to take a look or purchase any of the above:
So there we have it, part two of What’s in my makeup bag! I hope you’ve enjoyed it, and Check out part one if you haven’t seen it yet – all about my fave brushes, blushes, and base products!
Part three will be up next week so look out for that one – It’ll be about my fave lipsticks, nail polishes and other stuff that didn’t fit into these categories (interesting…).
Give it a like and a share If you loved this post, and let me know if you love or hate any of the products in this video, and what eye products you love the most and use a lot!
Ciao for now!